Date of Submission:
Primary Speaker Name*:
Primary Speaker Title (if applicable):
Speaking on Behalf of:
Additional Speakers' name(s)* & titles:
Has the speaker spoken at a previous DEF CON? Yes or No
*No real name is necessary but you will need to provide one once you are selected and matching id at speaker check-in order for you to be paid
Name of Presentation:
Select the track(s) that your talk would be most appropriate for your topic (you must select at least one):
[ Breakout area ] you must answer the following questions if requesting a Breakout session
- how many people will you accommodate
- special requirements the attendees should plan for (equipment requirements, software and hardware configs, etc)
Friday (August 1):
[ 101 ]
[ Privacy and Anonymity ]
[ Net Recon ]
Saturday (August 2):
[ The Big Picture ]
[ Attack! ]
[ Web & Database Hacking ]
Sunday (August 3):
How much time does your presentation require? 60 minutes or 90 minutes or other (please specify)
[ Agents, Trojans & Viruses ]
[ Defend! ]
[ Physical Security ]
Is there a demonstration? Yes or No
Are you releasing a new tool? Yes or No
Are you releasing a new exploit? Yes or No
Is there audience participation? Yes or No
What are your equipment needs?
Will you require more than 1 lcd projector? Yes or No - if yes, please specify how many
Will you require wireless internet access? Yes or No
Will you require wired internet access? Yes or No
Will you require a white board? Yes or No
Are there any other special equipment needs that you will require? Yes or No - if yes, please specify
You must provide a detailed outline containing the main points and navigation through your talk - show us how you intend to begin, where you intend to lead the audience and how you plan to get there. The outline may be provided in a separate attachment and may be as simple as a text file or as detailed as a "barebones" presentation. The more information you provide to us, the better chance we have of giving your presentation fair scrutiny.
Presentations that are submitted without outlines (eg that have only ppt or white papers attached or only point to a URL) will not be considered.
This text will be used for the website and printed materials. In a nutshell, what your presentation will cover. Attendees will read this to get an idea of what they should know before your presentation, and what they will learn after. Use these paragraphs to tell people how technical the talk is, what tools will be used, what materials to read in andvance to get the most out of your presentation. This abstract is the primary way people will be drawn to your session.
Presentations that are submitted without abstracts (eg that have only ppt or white papers attached or only point to a URL) will not be considered.
Additional files/materials? Yes or No
Type of file(s): Powerpoint, Word, PDF or Other
Additional supporting materials such as code, white papers, proof of concept, etc should be sent along with this email to talks<a>defcon.org. Note that additional files that may help in the selection process should be included. We are NOT asking for a complete presentation for submission along with the CFP.
This text will be used for the website and printed materials. Cover any professional history that is relevant to the presentation, including past jobs, tools that you have written, etc. Let people know who you are and why you are qualified to speak on your topic.
Presentations that are submitted without biographies will not be considered.
Transfer of Copyright
I warrant that the above work has not been previously published elsewhere, or if it has, that I have obtained permission for its publication and that I will promptly supply DEF CON Communications, Inc. with wording for crediting the original publication and copyright owner.
If I am selected for presentation, I hereby give DEF CON Communications, Inc. permission to duplicate, record and redistribute this presentation; including, but not limited to, conference program, conference CD, video, audio, hand outs(s) to the conference attendees for educational, on-line and all other purposes.
I have read the above and agree to the Transfer of Copyright.
Agreement to Terms of Speaking Requirements
If I am selected to speak, I understand that I must complete and fulfill the following requirements or I will forfeit my honorarium:
1) I will submit a completed (and possibly updated) presentation, a copy of the tool(s) and/or code(s), and a reference to all of the tool(s), law(s), Web sites and/or publications referenced to at the end of my talk and as described in this CFP submission for publication on the conference CD by noon, July 15, 2003.
2) I understand if I fail to submit a completed presentation by July 15, 2003, I may be replaced by an alternate presentation or may forfeit my honorarium.
3) I will include a detailed bibliography as either a separate document or included within the presentation of all resources cited and/or used in my presentation.
4) I will complete my presentation within the time allocated to me - not running over the time allocation.
5) I understand that DEF CON will will provide at least 1 lcd projector, 1 screen, microphone, and video switch box. I understand that I am responsible for providing all other necessary equipment, including laptops and machines, to complete my presentation
6) I will submit, within 5 days of the completion of the conference, any updated, revised or additional presentation(s) or materials that were used in my presentation but not included on the conference CD or conference proceedings.
I have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking Requirements.
Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration
1) I understand that I will be responsible for my own hotel and travel expenses.
2) I understand that DEF CON will issue one payment per presentation.
3) I understand that in order to be paid, I must provide a valid name and snail mail address. US citizens will be paid with a company check. Non-US citizens will be paid via money order or company check.
4) I understand that the name and address that I provide to the onsite speaker liason is where the payment will be sent.
5) I understand that I will be paid $200 USD, net 30, after I have completed my presentation.
6) I understand that should my talk be determined to be unsuitable (eg a vendor or sales pitch, a talk on the keeping of goats, etc) after I have presented, that I will not receive an honorarium.
I have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration or I will forfeit my honorarium.