- Ira Winkler
- Ian Goldberg
- Jason Scott
- John Q. Newman
- Sarah Gordon
- Prof. Feedlebom
- Dr. Byte
- V1RU5, Stephen Wadlow, Gurney Halleck and *Hobbit*
- Craig H. Rowland
- Steven Alexander
- Robert Lupo
- Steve Mann
- Peter Shipley
- Dead Addict
- Winn Schwartau
- Deanna Peugeot
- Mr Phillip & J. Loranger
- Angus Blitter
- Gail Thackeray
- James Jorasch
- Peter Stephenson
- Kevin Poulsen & Jennifer Grannick
- Vic Vandal
- David Sobel
- Jonathan Wignall
- Techno Pagan
- Panel-Meet The Fed
- Boardwatch Magazine - Doug Mohney - THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS - DEF CON 7 - September Issue, 1999
- Wired News - Two pretty good articles from:
- Wired News - Polly Sprenger - Fear and Hacking in Las Vegas - July 10, 1999 - Local Copy
- Wired News - Polly Sprenger - Def Con: Brin in Da Noise - July 8, 1999 - Local Copy
- The Arizona Republic - Bruce Meyerson - Tools of the trade - July 9, 1999
- CBS.com - Hacker Eline Meet In Vegas - July 10, 1999
- ABC NEWS.com - Michael J. Martines - Hackers Having a Blast - July 9, 1999
- ZD TV has a section in the CyberCrime area for DEF CON with these different articles
- ZDTV - Alex Wellen - Def Con Writ Large - July 13, 1999
- ZDTV - Alex Wellen - Closing in on Def Con - July, 1999
Remembering the First Def Con. (Note: Contains some factual errors, but still good) - Local Copy
- ZDNet - Inter@ctive Week Online - Doug Mohney - Hacker Fest: Serious Party - July 28, 1999
- Kevin Poulson had a few pieces about DEF CON:
- My First Def Con - On finding decadence and dialogue in the desert - July 14, 1999
- He had this to say about InfoWar, in a question that was brought up to him at DEF CON 7.0.
- MSNBC had a couple of articles:
- XDNNs Robert Lemos had an article about the media causing hacking.
- MSNBC - Should you care about DEF CON? - July 12, 1999
- MSNBC - Bob Sullivan - Hackers descend on Las Vegas - July 9, 1999.
- CNET News.com - Tim Clark - Hackers attack their own kind - July 9, 1999 Local Copy
- CNN had several articles:
- CNN - DefCon '99 draws security experts from both sides - July 12, 1999 - Local Copy
- CNN - DefCon 99: Games hackers play - July 13, 1999 - Local Copy
- CNN - Convicted hacker gives advice at DefCon - July 13, 1999 - Local Copy
- CNN - DefCon demos the latest chaos - July 14, 1999 - Local Copy
- CNN - Back Orifice 2000 under control - July 15, 1999 - Local Copy
- CNN - Bad rap for Back Orifice 2000? - July 21, 1999 - Local Copy
- USA Today newspaper wrote Hacking into a new age.
- Infoworld had a couple pieces about Black Hat and DEF CON.
- this nice piece about Black Hat and DEF CON. - Local Copy
- Infoworld - Matthew Nelson - 2,500 hackers gather in Las Vegas for DefCon - July 11, 1999
- Computerworld had this short piece: Latest hacker tool will target NT desktops.
- PC World:
- PCWorld News - Andrew Brandt - Hacker Games: From Trivia to Wrestling July 10, 1999 - Local Copy
- PCWorld News - Hackers Gather in Vegas.
- PCWorld News - Andrew Brandt - Hack-a-thon Demos the Latest Chaos - July 12, 1999 - Local Copy
- Parse has several Real Media interviews of stuff around DEF CON.. check it out in thesection.
was held July 9-11, 1999 at the Alexis Park Hotel & Resort
Speakers & PresentationsVideo encoded in h.264 video format. Audio encoded in m4b audiobook format.
Cult of the Dead Cow - BO2K!What will we be doing? R0xiN the HAU-aus, BIzaTch!!!@@!2121lf... But that goes with out saying. In addition to the rocking of the aforementioned house, we will also be releasing BO2k. We won't reveal our sekrets of BO-Fu, but trust me when we tell you that it will make BackOrifice v1.0 look like LOGO for the TI99/4a.
See It! (m4v video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Ian Goldberg Zer0knowledge Network (zks.net)
Using the Internet Pseudonymously: One Year LaterSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
TEXTFILES, G-PHILES, AND LOG FILES: Remembering the 1980's Through ASCIISee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
V1RU5, Stephen Wadlow, Gurney Halleck and *Hobbit*
Lock Picking ExploredSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Craig H. Rowland
How To Be Aware of Security Problems On Your NetworkSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Currency Systems, Credit Systems and AssociationsSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
HERF Guns, EMP Bombs and Weapons of Mass Disruption (UnClassified)See It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Mr Phillip & J. Loranger
The Ethics/Morality/Practicality/Patriotism of HackingSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Fear and Loathing in Cyberspace: The Art and Science of Enemy ProfilingSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Maricopa Count Prosecutor, AZ & Kevin Higgins - Nevada Attorney General's OfficeSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Peter Stephenson Principle consultant of the Intrusion Management and Forensics Group (IMF).
Introduction to Cyber Forensic Analysis.See It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Security Problems Associated with Client-side Scripting in Popular Web-based ServicesSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
Kevin Poulsen & Jennifer Grannick
The Legalities and Practicalities of Searches and InterrogationsSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)
"Internet Anonymity Under Assault: The 'John Doe' Lawsuits"
Extra Border Hacking - How a Company Can Be Hacked Without the Hacker Ever Picking on That Companies MachineSee It! (m4v Video) Hear it! (m4b Audio)