Solicitation for papers, stories, and art: Contrary to rumors on IRC, DEF CON is NOT starting a magazine publication. What we are doing is expanding the con program to be more of than just a "show guide" since last year's program with the added articles was such a huge hit.
As such we are looking for submissions in the following categories:
Serious technical articles
Short stories (fiction or non-fiction)
Please submit all writings in .doc or .txt formats. Writings should be, on average, 1500-3000 words. You are welcome to submit larger or smaller articles. Make sure you include, at the beginning of the submitted text, the title and how you would like your name to appear.
Does NOT have to be "DEFCON" oriented. Submitted artwork can be photography, photomontages, photos, illustrations, cartoons, animation stills, etc. Color or black and white. No limits.
Artwork should be produced at 100% actual size, 300 dpi or greater. Full page artwork should be sized at 9 x 12", 300 dpi. Artwork can be titled or not.
All submissions must be accompanied with a Transfer of Copyright (may be included in the body of the email you send your submission in).
Transfer of Copyright
I warrant that the submitted work has not been previously published elsewhere, or if it has, that I have obtained permission for its publication and that I will promptly supply DEF CON Communications, Inc. with wording for crediting the original publication and copyright owner.
If my work is acccepted for publication, I hereby give DEF CON Communications, Inc. permission to duplicate, record and redistribute the submitted work; including, but not limited to, conference program, conference CD, video, audio, hand outs(s) to the conference attendees for educational, on-line and all other purposes.
I have read the above and agree to the Transfer of Copyright.
||Submit your entries by email to blackbeetle<a>defcon.org
- Label your submission with dc11-prg-[your name/handle].file format
- Include a URL or email address along with your name/handle if you want it to be printed in the con program if your submission is accepted.
- Include the Transfer of Copyright in the body of your email at the end of the article you are submitting.
- Indicate if this submission has been previously published or will be published in any other public forum- either electronic, printed or otherwise prior to Sept 1, 2003. Unpublished, unique, never before seen works will be given greater consideration.
- Send files individually or archived (.zip or .sit).
- Subject line of email: DC 11 Program CFP
Your chance to be immortalized in one of the hottest con collector's items with an immediate audience of at least 5000 (and who knows how many more once the program is put online post-con).